Can your company afford to get left behind?
What are you waiting for?
Boost your business by enhancing your online trading presence today!
With the trend ever increasing towards online spending it is estimated that only 23% of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in eCommerce sales. For businesses employing less than ten people this percentage could be even lower. It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 70% of these are done in overseas markets.
There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality. In order to support this goal, the National Digital Strategy, developed and funded by the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources aims to get a further 2,000 businesses trading online by the end of 2015.
- Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 50% eligible expenditure (inclusive of VAT), whichever is the lesser;
- Voucher approval must be gained prior to incurring any expense;
- Own labour is not an eligible expense;
- Third party costs only will be considered;
- All third party/supplier invoices must contain proper business details (e.g. Tax and Business Registration details).
The vouchers are targeted at businesses with the following profile;
- Limited online trading presence;
- Less than 10 employees;
- Applicants must be registered and trading for minimum of 12 months;
- Turnover less than €2 million.
Ineligible projects include:
- Charitable status;
- Commercial semi-state companies;
- ”Not for profit” organisations;
- Trade associations;
- Company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce.
What can The Online Trading Vouchers be used for;
- The development or upgrade of an e-commerce website such as implementing online payments or booking systems;
- Purchase of Internet related software;
- Online advertising;
- Development of an app;
- Implementation of a digital marketing strategy;
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy;
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity.
Vouchers cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites;
- Purchase of non-internet related software;
- Anything other than online trading related activity.
- Read the terms and conditions
- Complete and sign application form to Local Enterprise Office South Cork
- Enclose copies of three quotations in respect of each proposed element of work.
Local Enterprise Office South Cork
Address: Unit 6a, South Ring Business Park, Kinsale Road, Cork
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:30 – 4:30